STANDARD CUSTOM CABINET DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION SPECIFICATIONS
Definition: Custom cabinets are constructed to a specific size to fit a space and do not require filler pieces. Depth, width and height requirements are all determined prior to construction.
BASE AND UPPER CABINETS
- Constructed with 3/4 inch plywood materials with 1/4 inch backs on upper cabinets.
- All material is glued and screwed together.
- Face frame material is four-quarter (3/4 inch) solid select hardwood of the customers choice.
- 45 degree base cabinets include 360 degree 2 shelve lazy susan rated at 60 lbs. per shelve.
- Sink bases include tilt out trays.
- Pantries include shelves attached to the inside of the door(s). Other features are available upon request.
- Upper cabinets have adjustable shelves.
- Base cabinets have adjustable shelves were practical.
DOORS AND DRAWER FRONTS
- Drawers are constructed with 1/2-inch finished 9 ply maple plywood and are dove tailed. Solid wood drawers are available in a variety of species upon request. Blum bottom mounted self-closing drawer slides, rated at 75 lbs. per pair, are used on standard drawers (full extension bottom mounted or tandem concealed drawer slides are available upon request). Knape & Vogt full extension file drawer slides, rated at 150 lbs. per pair, are used for pots & pans drawers.
- Drawer bottoms are 1/4-inch MDF with white vinyl and are dadoed in on all four sides. 1/4-inch plywood drawer bottoms are available upon request.
- Doors and fronts are 3/4-inch solid wood construction by Drees Wood Procucts and Decor-ative Specialties. Thermo Foil doors are MDF with heat sealed rigid Thermo Foil covering available in a variety of styles and colors. MDF paint grade doors/fronts are available.
- Doors are installed with concealed, Blum INSERTA self-closing 125-degree hinges unless otherwise specified.
- Base cabinets are leveled using leg levelers unless a kick box is more practical.
- Crown molding, scribe and kicks are installed. Shoe is installed if required.
- Cabinets and wood components are professionally finished with non-yellowing Enduro Wat-R-Base sealer and poly coatings, including the inside.
- Only top quality water base stains are used.
- Numerous accessories, such as trash can rollouts, pantry drawers, drawer organizers, etc., are available upon request.
We offer a full line of solid hardwood, Thermo Foil and paint grade door and drawer fronts by Drees Wood Products and Decore-ative Specialties.