STANDARD CABINET REFACING DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION SPECIFICATIONS
Definition: Refacing kitchen cabinets consist of applying quality plywood veneer to existing cabinet face frames and installing new doors, drawers and drawer fronts.
BASE AND UPPER CABINETS
- Existing doors and drawers are removed and discarded.
- Modifications as required, are completed. Modifications can be enlarging existing drawer openings, adding rails to door openings for pots and pan drawers and adding new cabinets as well as, removing and discarding unwanted cabinets.
- Cabinet frames and finished ends are laminated with pre-finished 1/8th-inch plywood veneer, unless cabinets are to be painted. The veneer is mitered on corners to produce a clean appearance without the use of molding, except for island and peninsula backs.
- New crown molding, scribe and kicks are installed. New shoe is installed if required.
- Drawers are constructed with 1/2-inch finished 9 ply maple plywood and are dove tailed. Solid maple drawers are available upon request. BLUM bottom mounted self-closing drawer slides, rated at 75 lbs. per pair, are used on standard drawers (full extension bottom mounted or tandem concealed drawer slides are available upon request). Knape & Vogt full extension file drawer slides, rated at 150 lbs. per pair, are used for pots & pans drawers. . These slides provide smooth and accurate operation throughout the life of the drawer.
- Drawer bottoms are 1/4-inch MDF with white vinyl and are dadoed in on all four sides. 1/4-inch plywood drawer bottoms are available upon request.
- Doors are 3/4-inch solid wood construction by Drees Wood Products and Decore-ative Specialties. Thermo Foil doors are MDF with heat sealed rigid Thermo Foil covering, available in a variety of styles and colors.
- Doors are installed with concealed, Blum INSERTA self-closing 125-degree hinges unless otherwise specified.
- Wood veneers and cabinet wood components are professionally finished with Enduro Wat-R-Base sealer and poly topcoats.
- Only top quality water base stains are used.
- Numerous accessories, such as trash can rollouts, pantry drawers, drawer organizers, etc., are available upon request.
We offer a full line of solid hardwood, Thermo Foil and paint grade door and drawer fronts by Drees Wood Products and Decore-ative Specialties.